Lake Combie Association
Reporting a Violation


If the Sheriff is notified please also log your incident with the LCA as it is very important that we track incidents on the lake. Thank you.

To report boating violations to LCA Click here


To file a complaint with the sheriff:

1. Gather information for sheriff - you must identify the craft and/or operator (pictures are helpful.)

2. Contact the appropriate sheriff.

Nevada County: 530 265-1471

Placer County:  530 889-7800


NID - Nevada Irrigation District

Please do NOT contact NID. NID does not have jurisdiction for enforcement of California's boating laws so they are looking for you to report incidents directly to the sheriff who is equipped to handle these situations.